April 19th, 2010
Ok, last week I did a post on the best alliance choices for Hunter Pvp and as promised today I am going to cover all of the Horde race choices for Hunters. Now, truth be told I feel 100% that Horde players make better Hunters. To be a power player in Hunter Pvp you have to have every edge available and I’m going to show you exactly which class hold that honor.
Ok, so if you really want to own in Hunter Pvp, take a moment to look over the possibilities below (or you can skip it all and be an orc lol)
- Arcane Torrrent: Activated ability which silence all enemies within 8 yards and restores 6% of a character’s base mana. (2 Minute Cool-down)
- Magic Resistance: Passive trait reduces your chance to be hit by magic spells by 2%.
Overall Hunter Rating: 3/5
- Blood Fury: Activated ability which increases attack power for 15 seconds. (2 Minute Coo-down)
- Hardiness: Passive trait which reduced duration of stuns against you by 15%.
- Command: Passive trait increases your pet’s damage by 5%.
- Axe Specialization: Passive trait increases expertise with axes by 5.
Overall Hunter Rating: 5/5
- War Stomp: Activated ability stuns up to 5 players within 8 yards for 2 seconds. (2 Minute Cool-down)
- Endurance: Passive trait increased hp by 5%.
- Nature Resistance: Passive trait reduces chance to be hit by nature spells by 2%.
Hunter Rating: 3/5
- Berserking: Activated ability increases attack speed by 20% for 10 seconds. (3 minute cool-down)
- Regeneration: Passive trait increased rate of health regen by 10% as well as allows 10% of health regen to continue during combat.
- Beast Slaying: Passive trait increases damage against beasts by 5%.
- Bow Specialization: Passive trait increases crit chance with bows by 1%.
- Da Voodoo Shuffle: Passive trait reduces duration of movement impairing effects by 15%.
Hunter Rating: 4/5
Alrighty, that covers all of your choices for Horde hunters. Just like with alliance, if your goal is casual hunter pvp then it really matters very little which class you choose. If, on the other hand, you aim to become a real power player when it comes to Hunter pvp then I highly recommend rolling an orc. Besides just looking badass, orcs have best racials for a hunter. Think of this, you can increase your attack power at will, your pet does more damage, and you are more resistant to stuns. What more can you ask for?
I hope you have enjoyed this section of my Hunter Pvp guide. Next week, I’ll start covering the different pvp talent builds for hunters. Click Here to learn more about Hunter Pvp.
April 17th, 2010
Welcome back to my site on Hunter Pvp. Today I wanted to spend a little time on the topic of your race selection. Unlike real life we get to pick what race and gender we want to be so let’s take advantage of it! Most people tend to overlook just how much a character’s racial plays into their performance but if you truly want to become a power player in pvp you’ve got to take every edge you can. And trust me, when it comes to Hunter Pvp your race selection is no small thing.
If you really want to PWN in Hunter Pvp you need to check out the following advantages/disadvantages of each Alliance race.
- Gift of the Naaru: Heal over time (HoT) spell (scales with your attack power
- Heroic Presence: Increases hit chance by 1% for you and your party
- Shadow Resistance: Passive trait decreased chance shadow spells will hit you by 2%
Hunter Pvp Rating: 3/5
- Stone Form: Removes all poisons, diseases, and bleed effects as well as increases armor by 10% – Lasts for 8 seconds (2 min cd)
- Gun Specialization: Passive trait increases Critical strike chance with guns by 1%
Hunter Pvp Rating 5/5
- Shadowmeld: Activated ability allows player to stealth (any movement cancels the effect)
- Quickness: Passive trait decreases likelihood of being hit by physical attacks by 2%
- Nature Resistance: Passive trait reduces chance to be hit by nature spells by 2%
Hunter Pvp Rating: 3/5
As you can see the clear choice if you want to roll an alliance hunter for pvp purposes is going to be the Dwarf. If you are planning to be a casual pvp’er by all means pick any of the three as they are all ok, but remember if you want to be a POWER player you could really use Stoneform. Imagine being able to resist poisons, bleed effects, and even diseases…bye bye slowing effects pretty much. And it doesn’t just remove them, it makes you immune to all of them for a full 8 seconds. Better yet, it does not share a cool-down with your pvp trinket.
Ok, well that wraps it up for Alliance race choices for pvp Hunters. Don’t worry, I will be doing a similar post for all you Horde players in just a few days.
April 13th, 2010
Hey everyone, James here,
First off, I’d like to say thank you for visiting my Hunter Pvp site. I’ve been a hardcore Wow gamer now for just shy of 5 years. I started in the latter part of 2005 after a friend turned me on to it. Don’t get me wrong, I had heard of Wow long before then. I had been playing the original Warcraft games for the better part of 10 years. Besides Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 I had also been a HUGE fan of Diablo and D2. I spent a few years playing those games as well.
This site here was born out of necessity. I wanted to level a hunter because I was bored stiff with my current toons at the time but when I went to look for info on it I couldn’t find notta. The leveling part wasn’t really a big deal because hunters level easy anyway and I also happen to be a member of Dugi’s Ultimate Wow Guide but when I dinged 80 I needed help with Hunter Pvp. I know I know, that makes me a bit of a nub but seriously, I was cracking over 2k on all my other toons and couldn’t break 1700 on my Hunter. I did a search of the web but there really isn’t any quality sites out there about strictly Hunter Pvp so I just said “Screw it!” and decided to build one myself. After all, I love building sites almost as much as I love playing Wow.
So, be sure to bookmark the site as I am going to be updating it all through future expansions as well as Wrath of the Lich King. I have this domain for a long time to come lol. For now, thanks again for checking out my site and get ready to learn everything you’ll ever need to know about Hunter Pvp!